Sunday, October 16, 2005

Where's the damn Daily Jot?

I'm trying to see if I have this figured out. C.I. just returned my message and before the week started I wanted to figure out how to do posts by e-mail. When we were setting it up last night, we set it up for that.

Already have Beth busting my chops with "Where's your Sunday post?" :)

What happened there was I ended up early this morning and i.m.ed Mike who said, "Get your butt over to The Third Estate Sunday Review!" So I ended up helping out with their CD thing. And then just talking and shooting the breeze.

C.I. and Ava were trying to get their TV review completed but they were up against a clock because C.I. had signed up for volunteer work this weekend. So the point came where the review wasn't completed. Jim said don't worry, we'd all work on the editorial this evening and people could consider it two editions instead of one with the 2nd one having the editorial and the review.

The whole evening/night/morning was a train wreck for the guys because in the middle of the news review, Jim checks the e-mails and finds an article Martha's e-mailed by the guy she hates. (Community members know who I am talking about.) He's ripped off C.I. no credit, no nothing.

C.I. is able to handle that. I'd be screaming my head off, breaking something and wanting to go punch the guy out. And that was everyone's reaction pretty much so the whole edition got derailed.

Jess told me C.I.'s the one who put it back together and he feels real bad about that because there it was C.I. being ripped off and C.I.'s stuck with making everyone else feel it's okay. So Jess feels bad about that.

When finally the review started back up, it was late and the rip off was something that people just kept going back to. Jess said C.I. didn't and kept saying, "We need to focus on what's in front of us." Jess blames himself because he fed into the rage and he doubts that was helpful to C.I.

So that's what was going on there. After C.I. had to bail and get ready to start volunteering, we probably all stayed on the phone for about two or three hours just shooting the sh-t. (I'll try to keep this site clean because I know a lot of members use work computers. I've got a filthy mouth though so I may slip. Remind me if I go into the gutter.)

I'll start The Daily Jot stuff proper tomorrow. Now I'm going to see if this will send and if it does, I'll add links. I should have used my yahoo account and I could have put links in. Next time I'll remember that.