Friday, January 26, 2018

THIS JUST IN! LORETTA LYNCH POOPS ON LADY JUSTICE!

BULLY BOY PRESS &   CEDRIC'S BIG MIX   -- THE KOOL AID TABLE



REACHED FOR COMMENT BY THESE REPORTERS, LYNCH RESPONDED, "WHAT?  THAT'S NOT NORMAL?  I THOUGHT IT WAS NORMAL.  WHEN I SPOKE WITH BILL CLINTON ABOUT THIS ON THE PLANE, WE BOTH AGREED IT WAS NORMAL.  IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME TO BE NORMAL.  OR AT LEAST TO APPEAR NORMAL -- AND INNOCENT."




This week BLACK AGENDA RADIO shared a speech by Margaret Kimberley discussing the permanent war and the lack of resistance to war from the so-called 'Resistance.'





Let's dive into Iraq.

Yesterday afternoon REUTERS published an embarrassing article.  It opens:


Iraqi authorities on Thursday took into custody a former trade minister convicted in absentia for corruption cases, following his extradition from Lebanon, Iraq’s corruption watchdog said in a statement. 


Yes, that is the story we covered yesterday morning -- before REUTERS.

We didn't have to wait for 'authorities' to issue 'a statement.'

Don't know when that became necessary to report on something.

They also fail to note that this ex-Minister of Trade September apprehension is unusual in that he's only released to Iraq in time for Hayder al-Abadi to use it as election propaganda.


They re-wrote a government release.

Somehow that passed for reporting.

They didn't even get his history correct.

At least they can say they covered it.  That's more than any other western outlet has done.


Mina Aldroubi (THE NATIONAL) does a better job covering the story.

RECOMMENDED: "Iraq snapshot"







Saturday, January 20, 2018

THIS JUST IN! GOD SHOWS HIM A HORRIBLE EXISTENCE!

BULLY BOY PRESS &   CEDRIC'S BIG MIX   -- THE KOOL AID TABLE



APPARENTY, GOD WAS NOT AMUSED AND DECIDED TO MAKE FRANK THE SENIOR ADVISER AT THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY.

"HORRIBLE EXISTENCE?"  ASKED GOD OF THESE REPORTERS.  "I FIGURED I'D PUT HIM IN THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION SO HE COULD FIGURE OUT WHAT A HORRIBLE EXISTENCE TRULY IS."





He also forgets the issue of the ages of the displaced.



About half the 2.6 million people displaced in Iraq after a three-year war with Islamic State militants are children and persisting violence hampers efforts to ease their suffering, the United Nations said on Friday.
While the Baghdad government last month declared victory over Islamic State after wresting back almost all the territory IS seized in 2014, persistent bombing and shooting attacks make it difficult to rebuild the lives of displaced people, according to UNICEF, the U.N. children's agency.
"We believe that as a result of the conflict, a lack of investment over the years, and the poverty ... that there are 4 million children now in need across Iraq," said Peter Hawkins, UNICEF chief representative in the country.


Not really a success for Hayder, no matter how he spins it.

B-b-b-ut at least he vanquished ISIS, right?

Uh . . . no.

From the US Defense Dept this morning:





Strikes in Iraq
There were no reported strikes conducted in Iraq on Jan. 18, 17 and 14.
On Jan. 16 near Rutbah in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted a strike consisting of three engagements against ISIS targets, destroying three ISIS underground facilities and a generator.
On Jan. 15 near Rutbah in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted a strike consisting of one engagement against ISIS targets, destroying two ISIS weapons caches.
On Jan. 13 near Mosul in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted a strike consisting of one engagement against ISIS targets, destroying an ISIS tunnel.
On Jan. 12 near Tuz in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted a strike consisting of three engagements against an ISIS tactical unit.

Yes, the US continues to bomb Iraq.


It says it's targeting ISIS.

That sort of contradicts Hayder's boasts of triumph.

As does the continued violence.  WORLD BULLETIN reports, "At least three civilians were killed Friday in two separate bombings in Iraq’s Baghdad and Diyala provinces, according to local security sources."  And the death toll has now climbed to four with at least two people left injured.


'Success'?  Does that also include the continued targeting of civilians by Hayder's militias?




and have seen widespread violations against Kurds since the military takeover of the disputed areas by the Iraqi army and Iranian-backed Hashd al-Shaabi militias in mid-October.










The more time passes, the less impressive he comes off.

Which is why he wants the elections to be held in May and not postponed.

On the elections, MIDDLE EAST MONITOR reports:

The Iraqi parliament has failed to set a new date for the upcoming legislative elections, Iraqi media sources reported yesterday.
Media sources quoted Members of the Parliament (MPs) as saying that yesterday’s session was devoted to a secret ballot on holding the elections on either 12 May, the date that was announced by the Prime Minister Haider Al-Abadi, or in early December 2018.
During the session, Kurds and Shiites MPs both stressed the importance of holding elections on time, while Sunnis argued that it should be delayed.
Of the 260 MPs in attendance, 149 suggested a secret vote on the matter, but Shiite MPs objected, arguing it was illegal.
Parliament speaker Salim Al-Jabouri, a Sunni, decided at the end of yesterday’s session to postpone the voting session to next Saturday, after the “secret voting to delay the elections failed.”


If elections are going to take place in May, this vote needs to happen soon.  In the past, three months has been used as the minimum required to prepare for elections.  Electronic voting -- if paper ballots are indeed out the window in Iraq as some insist -- will not mean less time required since there will need to be training and planning to utilize those.




Wednesday, December 27, 2017

THIS JUST IN! STUDENT RELATIONS?

BULLY BOY PRESS &   CEDRIC'S BIG MIX   -- THE KOOL AID TABLE



REACHED FOR COMMENT, GONZALEZ TOLD THESE REPORTERS, "YEAH, HE'S 13.  BUT HE'S A BIG 13!"




Now let's move to the topic of militias:

It is clear that certain units of Iraq’s Shiite Muslim militias are still very active. The battle against the IS group has not yet ended in Syria. In Iraq, the country’s prime minister, Haider al-Abadi, declared victory over them in early December. As a result of the latter, a message came during the weekly prayers in Najaf last Friday: The highest clerical authority for Shiite Muslims in Iraq, Ali al-Sistani, said that now that the Islamic State group had been defeated, it was time to integrate the militias into the existing Iraqi security forces. Al-Sistani also warned against the militias participating in upcoming federal elections, in a statement read by his representative, Abdul-Mahdi al-Karbalai.


That's Mustafa Habib reporting for NIQASH yesterday.  Let's also note this from his report:

Last Saturday in the city of Karbala, during a ceremony celebrating victory over the IS group, Qais al-Khazali, who heads another Iran-loyalist group, the League of the Righteous, announced that they now had three new enemies: Israel, the US and Saudi Arabia. The latter, in particular, is trying to deceive the Iraqi government, al-Khazali said, with the instigation of better diplomatic relations.
In his speech al-Khazali didn’t forget to thank Iran and the military group, Hezbollah, for their support to Iraq either. This is a common sentiment among leaders of the Iran-loyal militias.

Just two days afterwards, al-Khazali appeared again, this time in a video in the south of Lebanon, near the border with Israel. Dressed in military clothing, al-Khazali said his fighters were ready to stand with the Lebanese and Palestinian people, after the US government’s decision to recognise the disputed city of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. 





The League of the Righteous?


Dropping back to the June 9, 2009 snapshot with the realization that some who looked the other way in real time will now be outraged:



This morning the New York Times' Alissa J. Rubin and Michael Gordon offered "U.S. Frees Suspect in Killing of 5 G.I.'s.Martin Chulov (Guardian) covered the same story, Kim Gamel (AP)  reported on it, BBC offered "Kidnap hope after Shia's handover" and Deborah Haynes contributed "Hope for British hostages in Iraq after release of Shia militant" (Times of London). The basics of the story are this. 5 British citizens have been hostages since May 29, 2007. The US military had in their custody Laith al-Khazali. He is a member of Asa'ib al-Haq. He is also accused  of murdering five US troops. The US military released him and allegedly did so because his organization was not going to release any of the five British hostages until he was released. This is a big story and the US military is attempting to state this is just diplomacy, has nothing to do with the British hostages and, besides, they just released him to Iraq. Sami al-askari told the New York Times, "This is a very sensitive topic because you know the position that the Iraqi government, the U.S. and British governments, and all the governments do not accept the idea of exchanging hostages for prisoners. So we put it in another format, and we told them that if they want to participate in the political process they cannot do so while they are holding hostages. And we mentioned to the American side that they cannot join the political process and release their hostages while their leaders are behind bars or imprisoned." In other words, a prisoner was traded for hostages and they attempted to not only make the trade but to lie to people about it. At the US State Dept, the tired and bored reporters were unable to even broach the subject. Poor declawed tabbies. Pentagon reporters did press the issue and got the standard line from the department's spokesperson, Bryan Whitman, that the US handed the prisoner to Iraq, the US didn't hand him over to any organization -- terrorist or otherwise. What Iraq did, Whitman wanted the press to know, was what Iraq did. A complete lie that really insults the intelligence of the American people. CNN reminds the five US soldiers killed "were: Capt. Brian S. Freeman, 31, of Temecula, California; 1st Lt. Jacob N. Fritz, 25, of Verdon, Nebraska; Spc. Johnathan B. Chism, 22, of Gonzales, Louisiana; Pfc. Shawn P. Falter, 25, of Cortland, New York; and Pfc. Johnathon M. Millican, 20, of Trafford, Alabama." Those are the five from January 2007 that al-Khazali and his brother Qais al-Khazali are supposed to be responsible for the deaths of. Qassim Abdul-Zahra and Robert H. Reid (AP) states that Jonathan B. Chism's father Danny Chism is outraged over the release and has declared, "They freed them? The American military did? Somebody needs to answer for it."

Somebody sure should have answered for it.

But, remember, Barack's 'scandal' free -- according to the press.

Not only did Barack betray the fallen, his 'big deal' (which did not serve US interests) only resulted in the release of one living British citizen.  The other four were dead and the corpses turned over.



Peter Moore, the only one released alive, was a computer tech working in Iraq. Four British bodyguards were protecting him. The bodyguards were McMenemy, Jason Swindlehurst, Alec MacLachlan and Jason Cresswell. The families of the four have continued to publicly request that Alan McMenemy be released.



Barack entered into an agreement that did not benefit the US or Iraq. He freed known killers from prison. Killers of Iraqis, killers of American citizens. There was nothing to be gained by that act for Iraq or the US. At some point, history will ask how Barack Obama thought he was fulfilling his duties of commander in chief by making such an ignorant move?


In the meantime, let's remember that the same League now threatening the US is the one Barack freed from prison.



RECOMMENDED: