Tuesday, November 21, 2006

THIS JUST IN! JOHN MCCAIN: BRAIN DEAD STILL AND MORALLY CORRUPT

BULLY BOY PRESS & CEDRIC'S BIX MIX -- HANOI, VIETNAM.
THIS JUST IN!
 
JOHN MCCAIN: BRAIN DEAD STILL AND MORALLY CORRUPT!
 
JOHN MCCAIN FAVORS "GO DEEP" AND SADLY THIS ISN'T THE OPENING SENTENCE TO THE LATEST REPUBLICAN SEX SCANDAL.
 
REPUBLICAN SENATOR JOHN MCCAIN WANTS TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF U.S. TROOPS IN IRAQ TO 'WIN.'
 
 
DESPITE THE FACT THAT THE VOTERS DON'T WANT THAT.  DESPIRE THE FACT THAT THERE MAY NOT BE CONGRESSIONAL SUPPORT FOR IT.
 
SO JOHN MCCAIN IS MORALLY CORRUPT ENOUGH TO WASTE EVERYONE'S TIME ON SOMETHING THE MILITARY, THE VOTERS AND CONGRESS DO NOT BELIEVE IS POSSIBLE.
 
INSTEAD OF WORKING ON A REAL SOLUTION, JOHN MCCAIN WANTS TO WASTE TIME ON A NON-STARTER WHILE PEOPLE ARE DYING IN IRAQ. 
 
THE POSTURING TALK EXPRESS IS BACK IN BUSINESS.
 
IT NEVER LEFT.
 
 
Starting with Agustin Aguayo.  On September 2nd, Aguayo self-checked out of the US military after his repeated attempts to obtain conscientious objector status failed (2004), after his attempts to address the matter in the US federal courts failed (August 24, 2006) and while he was about to be sent back to Iraq.  While serving in Iraq, as a medic, previously, Aguayo was confronted with the realities and decided that, due to moral and religious reasons, he could not serve in the illegal war.  Helga Aguayo, Agustin's wife, explained to Mimi Mohammed (Los Angelest Times): "My husband has never broken a law and I am proud of him.  He doesn't want to support the war -- he cannot do so conscientisouly.  He is a conscientious objector, but the Army forced him to become a resister."  On September 26th, less than thirty days after self-checking out, Aguayo turned himself at Fort Irwin.  Though Fort Irwin is in California, Aguayo's wife and two daughters were not allowed to see him and the military quickly sent him back overseas to Germany.
 
On yesterday's The KPFA Evening News, Aaron Glantz reported on Aguayo's case which landed in the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington, D.C. -- the first "for a federal court since 1971."  Glantz spoke with Vietnam war resister and author David Cortright (Soldiers in Revolt: The American Military Today) and Cortright noted the similarities between then and now: the "transferring . . . to other bases" and the fact that such transfers put them in contact with "other soldiers who were opposed". 
 
Kevin Dougherty (Stars and Stripes) reported that the court schedule for today would "considst of just oral arguments.  Each side has been alotted 15 minutes to articulate their case." Today, Glantz reports (at OneWorld) on the above and notes Aguayo's beliefs: "By doing guard duty, appearing to be armed, even without bullets, I gave the false impression that I would kill if need be.  I am not willing to live a lie to satisfy any deployment operation.  By helping countless soldiers for 'sick-call' as well as driving soldiers around on patrols I helped them get physcially better and be able to go out and do the very thing I am against -- kill.  This is something my conscience will not allow me to do."
 
Matt Apuzzo (AP) reports: "Judge A. Raymond Randolph, one of the three judges on the case, said he'd been reading up on the Vietnam appeals and asked how the case differs from those filed decades ago by people who realized their opposition to war only after receiving a draft card.  Attorney Peter Goldberger said the Aguayo's beliefs evolved over time and 'crystalized' to the point that he could no longer take a life."   Joel Seidman (NBC News) notes that "Aguayo has unsuccessfully fought the Pentagon for more than two years to be declared a conscientious objector and win a discharge."
 
In his court statement, Agustin notes: "And even if I truly had non-combatant status, I have been to Iraq for Operation Iraqi Freedom II, and I know what to expect.  I know what will be expected of me.  And because of this first-hand knowledge, I simply cannot take part in this deployment.  Some people might think that a fear of death is the number one reason for refusing to deploy.  But that is not correct.  I have to be true to myself and do what is right.  Even though I deployed as a non-combatant in 2004-05 I still carry guilt from my participation . . .   When you know better you do better.  Therefore, this time I will not deploy.  My conscientious objection applies to all forms and aspects of war.  . .  I have come to believe and understand that the purpose of our existence on earth is to value, cherish and conserve the miracle that is human life.  To do so one must show each and every day through actions that nothing is of greater importance than the conservation of life. . . . I have made my choice for peace, for humanity, and for a better tomorrow.  Even though I understand that one of the consequences of refusing to deploy may possibly be a trial by court-martial and even my imprisonment, I cannot and will not deploy."
 
 
 
Recommended: "Iraq Snapshot"


Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new house payment